20 June 21 Announcements
Camp was a lot of fun. Here are upcoming activities designed to keep the momentum going!
Scouts – you will see your Scoutbook records updated no later than June 28 with credits due to your hard work at camp.
All merit badges earned at Summer Camp will be presented at the Fall Court of Honor
Masks and Meetings
Bring a mask to meetings!
If we meet in doors, or must meet where distancing cannot be observed, scouts will need to wear a mask.
Scouts, before you take a merit badge class or start work on a merit badge, you must talk to an adult scout leader and get a signed blue card. You may not work on a badge without an assigned merit badge counselor. Any work done without an assigned counselor will likely have to be ‘re-done’.
We will help you find a counselor for the incomplete merit badges from summer camp. Stay tuned.
Troop Meeting 21 June
We will kick off our summer Troop meeting schedule on Monday 21 June and our activities this summer will support the next couple of camping trips – small boat sailing (July), climbing (Sep), Fishing (Sep).
1. Uniform for the summer is class B (yellow t shirt and green shorts)
2. We will conduct opening flag ceremony each meeting using the flag pole by the fire ring. Patrols will rotate color guard duty each week.
3. Troop meetings will kick off promptly at 7:00 pm with flag ceremony – color guard patrol needs arrive no later than 6:45 pm to properly prepare
4. Wolverine patrol is color guard for this Monday
5. All scouts need to bring a water bottle – hydration is not optional
6. We are shifting Patrol Leader Council to 6:00 pm every other week on Monday prior to Troop meeting. Separate email reminder will be set to Scout leadership
Summer is family vacation time and typically scout attendance fluctuates. We will limit the number of sessions focused on hard core rank advancement. Most of our time will be on activities that provide scouts additional skills for the planned camping trips.
PLC (Patrol Leader Council) Meeting 6:00 pm
21 June 2021 – all patrol leaders and troop leaders (ASPLs and SPLs) will meet at the fire ring at 6 pm.
Our goals this summer are focused in a couple of areas
1. Establish schedule for color guard patrol
2. Create a cadence for troop meetings so we start at 7pm each time and everyone knows how we move through colors, pledge, oath, law, prayer, and announcements
3. Create a schedule for summer meetings – what are we going to do each week and make sure we are communicating to the troop
Summer is vacation time and some weeks we will not have everyone present. The rule of thumb is going to be if we are missing a key scout leader the most senior leader present will take charge.
Mr Ghioto and Mr. Donner will be with at PLCs and help guide the discussion. We wont let you fail out of the gate but the goal is always scout led to the greatest extent possible
Next PLC meetings are 12 Jul and 26 Jul at 6 pm.
8:30 pm on Zoom on 22 Jun. This is your link.
1. Adult Leader registration (Kristy)
2. Summer Meetings (Donner and Ghioto)
3. Merit Badge Clinic at MacFarlane 13-14 Jul
4. Allatoona – Camping and Small Boat Sailing 16-18 Jul
5. Eagle COH – 18 Jul
6. Troop Court of Honor – 23 Aug (tentative)
7. Future Camping Trips
8. Summer Camp 2022
9. Elections (9 Aug – tentative)
Eagle Court of Honor
Troop 1011 will honor Eagle Scouts David Harris, Joshua LaVoy, and Gahn Mungarndee on 18 July at 2 pm. Scouts — attending an Eagle Court of Honor should be high on your priority list. By attending you are showing respect to your fellow scouts who have completed the Eagle Journey and you are showing respect to all Eagle scouts! Plan to attend! Patrols will meet at 1:30 to organize for the Court of Honor.
Merit Badge Clinic
13-Jul and 14 Jul
9 am til 1 pm
We will offer several merit badges (e.g. Citizen in Nation and Community, Auto Repair, Railroading, and others). A sign-up link will be made available next weekend.
Camping and Small Boat Sailing
16 Jul – 18 Jul
Allatoona Scout Base
Please click this link to indicate you will camp and/or attend the small boat sailing merit badge class. In addition to the MB work, scouts may earn advancement credits for cooking and camping. Scouts should indicate their interest in either activity on the sign-up genius. An adult leader will contact you to coordinate your work.
Troop and Patrol Leader elections will be held in August for the term beginning 1 September and ending 28 Feb 2021.
A sign-up genius will be made available on 1 July to indicate interest.